How To Choose A Carpet Steam Cleaner?
Features of steam cleaners
- leaves no traces of scale and streaks;
- eco-friendly and harmless to health;
- easy to use;
- it replaces several items of household appliances.
Types of carpet steam cleaners
The correct choice of the manufacturer is very important. Believe, no steam cleaner produced by “unknown hero”, even with loud promises and mediocre technical characteristics, will not surprise you. Prefer trusted brand (Karcher, Ariete, Thomas, Delonghi etc.). You will be sure to result. Further, decide which you need a steam cleaner. They represented on the market in three main types, namely, handheld, portable, and steam vacuum cleaners.
Handheld steam cleaners
- It’s a measure of speed cleaning. The larger this value, the faster the steam is generated and, accordingly, better cleaned surface. It’s recommended to buy a model with a capacity of 1000 watts;
- Moisture control. This is a very useful option. You can choose the dry and wet steam for different pollutions and various types of surfaces. The fact is that some carpets react very badly to excess moisture, but such function allows to solve this problem;
- The volume of the tank. This parameter generally ranges from 500 ml to several liters. For example, a liter of the tank sufficient for 20-30 minutes of cleaning. Then the water will have to refill;
- Steam pressure. If this indicator is less than 3 bar, the old dirt such steam cleaner doesn’t remove. In professional models the pressure reaches 5-6 bar;
- Additional functions. Options such as steam locking system, protection against children, the safety valve, will be very useful. This will give you a proper safety level, because incorrect operation with hot steam can cause burns.